Needed: C Based Math Library

Tait Cyrus cyrus at pprg.unm.edu
Wed Jan 4 02:41:12 AEST 1989

slcpi!poseidon!ss at uunet.uu.net ( Soumyo Sarkar ) writes:
>We are developing some real time trading applications for which we need a
>C-based math function library to run on the SUN.  Most of the functions we
>need are in the areas of advanced time series, advanced regression
>analysis, splines and matrix manipulation.  The library should be fast and
>(needless to say) accurate.

Have you looked into the Fortran routines that Argonne National Labs has
available (netlib)?  If not, mail to:

	netlib at anl-mcs.arpa

with a subject line of:

	send index

They have A LOT of math routines (several hundred I think) that do exactly
what you want, though they are all, as far as I know, written in Fortran.
This should not really be a problem since you can link Fortran with C.

    W. Tait Cyrus   (505) 277-0806
    University of New Mexico
    Dept of ECE - Parallel Processing Research Group
    Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131

    e-mail:
       cyrus at pprg.unm.edu