third-party SCSI drives for 3/60?

Steve Clark clark at cme.nbs.gov
Thu Jan 5 00:52:30 AEST 1989

<standard opening line:> I have a question for the net.

I will be buying two new 3/60s Real Soon Now to replace overloaded 3/50s.
I would like to buy diskless machines from Sun and hang third-party SCSI
disks off of them (==> save mucho denario).  What I am looking for from
netters is your experiences with any third-party drives (I'm looking for
about 140 Mb per), for example:  How much did it cost (especially if
you're in government => GSA pricing)?  How long did you wait for delivery?
Did it run out of the box?  Did it come with the right cables?  Did it
blow up after a week?  Would you do it again, or would you rather pay the
extra $$ to Sun?

If you reply by e-mail, and if there seems to be interest, I'll post a
summary.

Thanks for your help ...

-steve

Steve Clark
National Institute for Standards and Technology (formerly NBS)
Bldg. 220, Rm. A127
Gaithersburg, MD, 20899         ARPA:   clark at cme.nbs.gov
(301)975-3595 / 3544            usenet: ..uunet!cme-durer!clark