L1-A

Steven Bickel bickel at nprdc.arpa
Wed Jan 4 11:36:58 AEST 1989

daw at sun.com (Doug Ward) writes:
>There seems to be confusion about how L1-A works.  Once the system is
>booted, the L1-A sequence is  recognized in the kernel.  The kernel then
>calls a routine in the PROM monitor to abort.  Actually, that's the same
>routine that the kernel calls as the lasty thing it does during a halt.

An interesting side note for L1-a is that you can restart all processing
where it left off by typing c.  It takes some courage because it may not
come back complete (disk io interrupts may corrupt files) but in the
several time I have tried it my machine was back to normal after a screen
refresh.

Steve Bickel

	Steve Bickel                          bickel at nprdc.arpa
	Systems Engineering Assoc.            (619) 553-9306
	Naval Personel R & D Center.