Changing Timezones in SunOS 4.0

Brian Thorstad thorstad at wooglin.scc.com
Thu Jan 19 17:39:38 AEST 1989

D. Moline writes:
> Once the timezone has been set for a system under version 4.0 is it
> possible to change it to something else without re-installing the OS.

and our moderator adds:
> [[ Do timezones move all that often in the "land
> down under"?  --wnl ]]

While I agree that not too many machines move across time zones, very few
machines arrive with the correct time zone set by default (say those
delivered to the west coast of the U.S.?).  I was very disappointed when I
added a lone sun/3 to my 386i network and found that I had to reconfigure
the kernel to get the date correct.

Brian Thorstad
(thorstad at wooglin.scc.com)