Sun 4/110 FPU

ekrell at ulysses.att.com ekrell at ulysses.att.com
Sat Jan 28 15:34:58 AEST 1989

>The Sun 4 (all models) FPU is not an option, but an integral part of the
>CPU that does all floating-point operations.

There is an FPU on the Sun 4s (the Weitek coprocessor). It's standard on
the 4/200's but is optional on the 4/110 (look at Sun's price list), so
the question is how do you know the 4/110 you got does indeed have an FPU?

We need something like /usr/etc/mc68881version on the Sun 3's.
--

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell at ulysses.att.com