Sun-3/60 memory errors

emo at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu emo at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Thu Jan 19 03:50:59 AEST 1989

Don't know if this will help but approximately three (out of about 12) Sun
3/60s we received developed various errors or had them from day 1.  They
were of the sort "Watchdog Reset" and then various memory errors.  Since
they were new machines (with test dates in Aug/Sept. 1988; received in
Oct. 1988), we took them apart and checked the contacts and gave the
memory chips a "push" to make sure they were all seated properly.  Once we
did that, they all came back to life and have been purring along just
fine.

Hope this helps in your situation...  Are they relatively new machines?

eric