Screens: to shut off or not to...

Jon A. Tankersley apctrc!zjat02 at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jan 13 12:10:10 AEST 1989

Depending on the type of Monitor, it is better to turn it off and back on
every weekend/night.  The Ikegami(sp) had a poor MTBF rating for the power
supply and a not much better one for the Monitor itself.  We had Ickky's
dying after about a year because we left them on with screenlock running.
Now we turn them off a night and on weekends.  Screenlock is run when
user's log off and a screenblank like substitute is being written to blank
and lock idle screens after so many minutes....

-tank-
--
#include <disclaimer.h>		/* nobody knows the trouble I .... */