xy753 query

Anthony A. Datri aad at stpstn.UUCP
Sat Jan 21 09:48:05 AEST 1989

aco at TAURUS.BITNET writes:

>restriction of 'only one disk type on one controller' apply to the 753 or
>only to the Sun SMD4?  Has anybody installed the CDC 1.2 GB disk on the
>753?

Restriction?  Did I miss something?  Maybe Sun recommends that for some
kind of performance reason, but I've got a 3/280 here running 4.0 that
came with an 892 meg Hitachi on a 451 (gak!), and I later added a 380 meg
Eagle with few problems other than scrounging up the cables.  What *I'd*
like to know is why Sun only supports putting 2 drives on a controller
that can handle 4.  Our old 2/120's certainly have connectors on the back
for 4 drives off of one controller.

Anthony A. Datri @SysAdmin(Stepstone Corporation) aad at stepstone.com stpstn!aad