Apple Laserwriter the same as Sun Laserwriter

Charles Hedrick hedrick at geneva.rutgers.edu
Wed Jan 11 17:46:30 AEST 1989

As far as we can tell, there is no difference between an Apple and Sun
Laserwriter except the nameplate (and I think if you peel off the Sun
nameplate you'll find an apple under it).  We have used Adobe's Transcript
with a Sun Laserwriter.  We do have to treat the Sun Laserwriter
specially, but that's because it has older ROM's than any of our Apple
Laserwriters, and so it's missing some newer fonts and other features.
However the ROM's are equivalent to some old Apple version.