Caps (from caps.shar) and SunOS4.0?

Danielle Heinzer ESC1298 at ESOC.BITNET
Fri Jan 13 22:52:36 AEST 1989

Hi,

I have tried to run "caps" under both SunOS 3.2 and SunOS 4.0.  It works
ok for OS 3.2 but not for OS 4.0.

Dbx returns the following, when running "caps":

                        SunOS 3.2        SunOS 4.0
     kb type            3                3
     tablemask          0                249168054
     station            119              119
     entry              160              160
     string             ""               ""

The following happens under SunOS 4.0:

     %caps
     caps is n
     %caps y
     %caps
     caps is n
     %
     If I hit the CAPS key, it is activated.

Other scenario:

     %caps
     caps is n
     %caps n
     %caps
     caps is n
     %
     If I hit the CAPS key, it is activated.

I see that the tablemask is wrong, it is what the system returns on
"ioctl(kb,KIOCGETKEY,&key), there is no note of any change on the keyboard
interface in the Release 4.0 Change Notes.

Any idea ?

Regards,

Danielle Heinzer
ESA Computer Department/Computer Services
European Space Operations Centre
Robert-Bosch-str. 5
6100 Darmstadt
West-Germany