Diskless Booting Problems

Paul T. Root proot at harris.cis.ksu.edu
Tue Jan 31 15:40:42 AEST 1989

Hi,

I have a call into Tech Support, but maybe this will be quicker.

We have 8 3/60's to be run on one 140 MByte disk. We are using SunOS 4.0.
I have it configured so that I can fit 6 diskless swap spaces on the disk.
A Vax 11/780 holds the home directories and much of /usr. An upgrade to
NFS for the Vax will let us swap from it.

Last Monday, the Vaxes NFS failed for a few minutes causing the Suns to
crash and me to reload everything. Before that I had 6 diskless running.
But now I can't get either of the last 2 to boot. They report their
ethernet address and look for a server to boot them. I configured 6 inside
suninstall exactly the same. The ethernet address, ip address, name,
bootparams, root and swap space all check out fine. I have used
setup_client to remove and add machines, all for not.

Anybody have any suggestions?

	Thanks in advance,
		Paul Root

Paul T. Root