Sun-3/60 memory errors

Jan L. Peterson caeco!olyis!sol!jlp at cs.utah.edu
Wed Jan 11 10:03:54 AEST 1989

Does anyone know what this message means from the diagnostic monitor:

Memory test
  Err 2  Addr 0x00001030 Exp 0x7A972C5A
         Obs  0x5A972C5A Module 0x00000000

If I try to reboot, the Addr number above changes, the others do not.  I
have swapped the SIMMs with another sun and the problem remains.

Any ideas on what chip is bad or what else may be causing this message?
This comes out on serial port A with the diag switch on.  I get nothing on
the console monitor with the diag switch in either position.  This is a
Sun-3/60 with color monitor.  SunOS 4.0 if that is important.

Thanks in advance for any help.

	-jan-
--
        Jan L. Peterson
UUCP:   { ...!utah-cs!caeco | quad1 }!olyis!jlp