Connecting 386i to non-sun network

Guven Guzeldere guven at indiana.relay.cs.net
Wed Jan 18 18:06:38 AEST 1989

I came up with similar questions to yours today and the Sun engineers are
not very prompt in responding - so let me ask you one question, hoping
that you've already dealt with it.

We are trying to set up a mini-network by connecting two 386i's together.
These machines were both used as standalones before. So I tried to setup
one of them as the master server and failed. My SNAP window doesn't have a
POLICIES option, so I can't see if there is Automatic System Installation
enabled. I am in the "wheel" group and I think I need to be in the
"network" group to use SNAP for administrative tasks.  I couldn't find
further info on this. If you've experimented with your 386i, I thought you
might be able to help.

Sorry for offering more questions rather than solutions!

Guven Guzeldere
Dept. of Philosophy
Indiana University

guven at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu