Termcap bug in SunOS 4.0

Anthony A. Datri aad at stpstn.UUCP
Sat Jan 21 07:26:56 AEST 1989

mcvax!camcon.co.uk!igp at uunet.uu.net (Ian Phillipps) writes:

>The termcap entry for "sun" still has the "sm" entry, indicating that it
>is "safe to move in standout mode".  Unfortunately, this is no longer so

Mine doesn't.  Are you sure your termcap didn't come from somewhere other
than the 4.0 tape?

>This is shown up by the "sc" spreadsheet when scrolling sideways;
>highlighted letters appear in the wrong places on the screen.

I had problems with teleportation and incorrect highlighting with unipress
emacs under 4.0, then I discovered that somehow my tty was getting set
with tabs on -- doing "stty -tabs" solved it.

Anthony A. Datri @SysAdmin(Stepstone Corporation) aad at stepstone.com stpstn!aad