installation of 4.0.1 on 386i

twitch!anuck!tbm at att.att.com twitch!anuck!tbm at att.att.com
Wed Jan 18 23:08:25 AEST 1989

In article <3445 at mit-amt> you write:
>We currently have some 386i's running 4.0.0 and just got an upgrade to
>4.0.1.  I also have a brand new 386i with 4.0.1 on the disk alreay (all
>machines have the 300 odd Mbyte drives).

We had a heck of a time upgrading to 4.0.1 on our two 386i - one 3/280
network.  Turns out the 3/280 became its own master on reboot and we had
trouble with it untill we shut off ypserv on it entirely.

My advice is to do completely what SUN says.  We backup our user files on
the 90 meg 386is by rcp to the 3/280 and that is only 3 minutes each.
Thus we did not have to use the floppy backup for them.

Good luck

Tom Merrick