has anyone tried a Xylogics 753 on sun

Bob Sutterfield bob at cis.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jan 11 18:26:39 AEST 1989

We're using about 21-22 of them with Fuji 600Mb 1/2 width 1/2 height
drives - one controller per 3/180, two drives per controller.  We can fit
eight times the storage into the same volume as the old Eagles, and this
was a conservative choice of drives.  Sorry, I don't recall the Fuji model
number on that.

We're running SunOS 3.5.1 on most everything.  The supplied driver wasn't
that great at using the controller's smarts (no command sorting, elevator
seeks, stuff like that) but is improving markedly with some attention both
here and Xylogics.