Screendumps in landscape format

Stewart Tansley dswt at stl.stc.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 22:52:53 AEST 1989

Ok folks, I'm more of a Macintosh hacker than a Sun or Unix one, so this
may be a dumb question (hence I suggest you email any responses and I'll
summarise in due course):

The standard 'screendump | lpr -v' magic spell gives me a (very nice)
print-out of my Sun's screen. However, it's in PORTRAIT format, ie.  the
paper's top and bottom are the shorter sides. My question is how do I get
a 90 degree rotated version of this - LANDSCAPE format.

Of course, I could do the required transformation on a photocopier, but
I'd prefer a more direct solution if possible. Sun gurus here tell me:
'Sure, you can do that....but, errr, not sure exactly how...'. I think I
need an appropriate printer filter or something similar. If so, can anyone
send one?

Thanks for any help,
Stewart.

Stewart Tansley                         STC Technology Ltd
+44 279 29531 x2763                     London Rd, Harlow, UK
dswt at stl.stc.co.uk                      CM17 9NA
(JANET) dswt at uk.co.stc.stl              (UUCP) ...uunet!mcvax!ukc!stl!dswt