Misc Sun386i questions

Larry W. Virden lwv at n8emr.UUCP
Thu Mar 23 21:03:31 AEST 1989

1. Anyone else finding problems with fontedit?  Unless I am doing
something weird, when I try to save the font after editing I get a
segmentation violation or a memory fault...

2. I see lots of info about bitmap images out on the net.  Some talk about
being in GIF, some in other formats.  I know about the pbm utilites
(though I cannot get to them - sure would be nice if they appeared in
comp.sources.sun - you HAVE all voted havent you?).  But what do you do
with them after you get them?  I mean, monochrome bitmaps can be used as a
desktop; what else can you do with these raster files?  Surely just
displaying them in a window isnt all that useful...

3. There are a few icons in the sun-icons part of the sunspots server; are
those the only non-sun icons that exist?

4. Anyone try getFile under SunOS 4.0?  I tried it on my 386i  and got a
message from the kernel saying it had no resources to free and then saying
that inode: out of entries.  Of course, it was a 200+ entry directory that
was selected.

Larry W. Virden	 674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817
75046,606 (CIS) ; LVirden (ALPE) ; osu-cis!n8emr!lwv (UUCP)
osu-cis!n8emr!lwv at TUT.CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (INTERNET)