CDC & 753 Xylogics

David Classen dclassen at swift.bcm.tmc.edu
Fri Mar 31 00:39:43 AEST 1989

I have read in this news group that this combination ( CDC 1.2 GB ) works
well.  I have however had a hard time getting mine installed. The problem
I have is:

My Sun 4/260 crashes with a an eror message of

	    spurious VME interupt at processor level 5 VME level
            3, VME vector 0xffffffff

this happens when I try to tar one file system to another or when I run
suninstall and it's trying to load the usr partition.

I can make file systems and look at it with format.  My configuration is:

	  4/260-32 run SunOS 4.0
	  SCSI tape
	  Xylogics 450/451  with 2 micropolis 256 MB drives
	  Xylogics 753 with CDC Sabre 1.2 GB drive.

	Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David Classen
dclassen at swift.bcm.tmc.edu