A warning about scsi patches in SunOS 4.0.1

Darrel Lager lager at lucky.llnl.gov
Thu Mar 23 09:57:10 AEST 1989

In v7n113 Mark Prior Writes:
>Don't install all of the scsi patches contained on the SunOS 4.0.1
> tape.
> We did and now our cartidge tape unit hangs whenever we use it!

This one bit me and for a variety of reasons cost me nearly a week before
I suspected the 4.0.1 patches.  According to sun the problem occurs on
certain configurations of disk and memory.  It will be fixed in 4.1.

If it is any help, my configuration is:

3/280, 16Mb memory,  <Hitachi DK815-10 cyl 1735 alt 2 hd 15 sec 67>, sun
qic scsi tape.

I backed-out the "scsi" patch with remove-fix and the problem seems to
have gone away.  Now on to the next bug.

	Darrel Lager (lager at lucky.llnl.gov)