Diskless Client under 4.0

Gene Zombolas x7624 zombolas at ads.com
Thu Mar 16 07:48:13 AEST 1989

In article <2634 at eos.UUCP> steinmetz!gemed!sol!blc at uunet.uu.net (Brett Chapman) writes:
>I do think that it would be nice if you could create swaps where ever
>there was space.  Well, maybe in 4.0.2 (-:.

I'm unsure if the question was clearly answered.  If you want to move the
swap to another file system, such as /home/swap/<client>, this is ok.  If
/home is already exported, then you cannot export /home/swap/<client>.
You will however, have to give root access for that client to /home.  This
does present some security risks, but the only other alternates is to live
with small swap spaces, increase the /exports/swap partition, or create a
new partition dedicated to client swap files.  The default size for
/exports/swap in the suninstall installation is rediculously small.

Gene Zombolas                                 phone:    415-960-7624
Verity Inc.                                   internet: zombolas at verity.com
1550 Plymouth St.                             UUCP:     Hell if I know!
Mountain View, CA 94043