cmdtool/c-shell filec clash

Chuck Ocheret chuck at morgan.com
Fri Mar 31 21:52:21 AEST 1989

When I use csh I generally enable filename completion with "set filec."
This way, the escape key can be used to complete unambiguous filenames.
However, when this feature is used in a cmdtool the entire command line is
ignored.  This is probably due to the way cmdtool interprets the escape
key.  As a result I rarely use cmdtool.  Is there some way to either stop
cmdtool from choking on my escapes or to remap the file completion key
away from escape?

Thanks,
Chuck Ocheret