Sunview alert box cursor (arrow) invisible

Skip Montanaro steinmetz!sprite!montnaro at uunet.uu.net
Thu Mar 9 13:42:21 AEST 1989

john%hopf.math.nwu.edu at eecs.nwu.edu (John Franks) writes the his cursor
disappears in alert boxes on his 3/110G running SunOS 4.0, to which
dcall at amadeus.la.tek.com (Dale Call) replies

   On a COLOR Sun 3/60 running Sun O/S 4.0, a fix is to invoke SunView with
   either the -overlay_only or the -8bit_color_only flag. [ other stuff
   deleted ]

   Any better fixes out there?  Does 4.0.1 fix any of this?

At the risk of being snooty, may I suggest a switch to NeWS? (semi :-)
Cursors consist of positive images and surrounding masks displayed in a
color contrasting the positive image, so no matter where your cursor is,
either the cursor or the surrounding mask is always visible. I believe,
although I'm not certain, that this is true of X as well.

Skip Montanaro (montanaro at sprite.steinmetz.ge.com, montanaro at ge-crd.arpa)