Need help with Sunview programming (Notifier doesn't)

Knudsen knudsen at ihlpl.att.com
Thu Mar 9 13:01:59 AEST 1989

I used another solution to the problem of halting a lengthy plot process.
By fooling with event masks and other things (excuse the foggy details,
this was a few weeks ago), I was able to steer the signal from the L1 key
("stop" key in the Keyboard Accelarators table) to a routine that sets a
global variable that the plodding plotting routine checks inside its loop.

Works very well, tho not as user-friendly and self-documenting as a panel
button labeled STOP.  So the first thing my plot routine does is a
pw_text(pw, "Hit L1 to Halt Plot.").

Mike Knudsen  Bell Labs(AT&T)   att!ihlpl!knudsen
"Anyone can build a conservative design, given liberal resources." -- MJK