Mac SCSI disks on Sun 3/50's

Tim Ehrhart ehrhart at aai8.istc.sri.com
Tue Mar 14 15:11:04 AEST 1989

by ultra!shj at ames.arc.nasa.gov (Steve Jay):
> Does anyone out there have first hand knowledge about connecting Macintosh
> disks to 3/50's?  The cost of 100 MB disks for Mac's is down to about
> $1000, so they would be very attractive if they work on Sun systems.

I have hooked many Jasmine (3rd party Mac disk vendor) drives up to Sun
3/50 and 3/60s. The only rub was in the connector on the drive, it is the
Centronics style 50 pin connector. Just make a cable with Centronics style
on one end and D50 on the other end (100% straight through pinout) and
everything is cool.

Standard disclaimer applies, smoking hardware complaints to /dev/null.
I'm only saying it's worked many ( >5 and <10 ) for me.

	Tim Ehrhart (ehrhart at spam.istc.sri.com)
	SRI International