4Mb and 4.0

bh at cs.brown.edu bh at cs.brown.edu
Thu Mar 9 07:28:19 AEST 1989

wnl made a comment regarding 4meg machines

While waiting for back-ordered memory we ran some 4MB disked 3/60s
DISKLESS (to a 4/280).  Much faster than paging to your local scsi disk.

Also, we run X (R3 set up with shared libraries) not suntools.

The 4.0 (SPARC really) Imagen problem was due to your basic "poor
assumption about structure alignment" problem in some non-critical utility
used to install the Imagen s/w.  A few phone calls to the local QMS/Imagen
folks fixed that no prob.

Same type of problem with Annex host support s/w.

Bent