Enquiry: Statistical S/W Available on Suns

Mark Lawrence mark at drd.UUCP
Thu Mar 9 11:00:58 AEST 1989

We've identified a requirement for statistical analysis software which
will be installed on our 3/260.  We are interested in experiences other
users have had with such software and any recommendations that can be
made.

We know that we can get SAS and that it will do everything, and we know
that they will drain our capital budget for the next three years, too.
Are there other products available (that cost less than SAS) that:

	+	provide non-linear regression and associated statistics
		(correlation coefficients, goodness of fit tests).

	+	provide linear regression and associated statistics (don't need
		moving averages, Durban-Watson stats, but will need
		multi-variate stats).

	+	will only need to handle up to 30 variables at most.

	+	will handle datasets of less than 500 observations.

Send those e-cards and e-letters (please don't post) and I will summarize
if there is interest (gotta say please ...)

           ...sun!tulsun\
         ...uunet!apctrc!drd!mark || lawrence at tusun2.knet.UTulsa.Edu
...rutgers!okstate!romed/            (918) 743-3013