Adding clients under 4.0

Gary Erickson erickson%glacier.ics.uci.edu at paris.ics.uci.edu
Sat Mar 11 09:01:24 AEST 1989

>That reminds me....one time when we set up a client with
>"setup_client", there wasn't enough room in /export/swap for the swap file
>we requested.  Of course, "setup_client" didn't say anything and of course
>we tried to boot the client.  Ever try to boot a machine with a swap space
>of zero size?  Fun.  --wnl

What's even better, is when it tries to mount, it says:

    swap on server:/export/swap/ck1 fstype nfs size 0k.

So we said, "Well, the size is ok.  Why won't it boot?".

Has anyone been able to make a swap file using the -n switch to mkfile?

Gary
University of California Irvine        | (714) 856-4222
Information & Computer Science Dept.   | erickson at ics.uci.edu    (Internet)
Support Group                          | ucbvax!ucivax!erickson      (UUCP)
--
Gary Scott Erickson

[[ Yeah, that message was shortly followed by a Watchdog reset and a
machine that was completely (I mean *completely*) locked up.  We had to
cycle power to it to even get the PROM monitor to talk to us.  This was a
3/50.  --wnl ]]