I need some info on DEC's LAT protocol

Dinah Anderson dinah at shell.UUCP
Thu Mar 2 20:11:51 AEST 1989

I recommend installing some type of ALM card on one of your Suns. Use
reverse LAT to connect a terminal server directly to the Sun mux ports and
then define services for that terminal server. This would be far less
costly than trying to do your own LAT driver (which by the way I believe
is a DEC proprietary protocol.)

A side comment: I personally believe it is a bad idea to send mail as
root. We have no idea who you really are! Doing as little as possible as
root usually works best. Less chances for error.

   Dinah Anderson
Shell Oil Company, Information Center (713) 795-3287
...!{sun,psuvax,soma,rice,ut-sally,ihnp4}!shell!dinah