COBOL (and FORTRAN) to C

Ditlef Martens ditlef at kheops.cmi.no
Wed Mar 1 11:47:09 AEST 1989

We are evaluating the possibility to convert lots of COBOL code into C.
Only a subset of COBOL is used, no I/O, no report generation etc., but
calls many external FORTRAN subroutines..

We want a program translator handling such subset of COBOL.  Access to the
source code is important as we may also want to change the parameters to
the external functions and adapt internal data-structures by defining
global rules.

Similar code for FORTRAN will also be of interrest, though we know that a
product (FORTRIX) is available.