Graphics Processor and Frame Buffers

Joe X3238 lecgwy!mdlrth.dnet!coco at rutgers.edu
Fri Mar 31 11:26:54 AEST 1989

I have a 3/260 CXP with a GP2 graphics processor.  I don't know much about
the GP2 and I will need to start using it soon.  There are a few things I
don't understand :

-  What is the difference between the default frame buffer(/dev/fb) and the
   cgtwo frame buffer(/dev/cgtwo)?  The documentation says that the GP2 can
   only be bound to cgtwo frame buffers. Is this the case?  Could I (or would
   I want to) bind the GP2 to /dev/fb?

-  If gpconfig redirects /dev/fb to use GP2, what is the difference
   between these two window invokations :
	sunview
	sunview -d /dev/gpone0a

-  Does the GP2 add any performance to regular window operations such as
   resizing, moving etc.

-  Does allowing sunview to run on a frame buffer and not the GP2 give you
   anything?  e.g. sunview -d /dev/cgtwo0

-  Any other general information about experiences with programming the
   GP2 using either GPSI or the Viewport Package would be appreciated.

	Thanks in advance,

	Joseph Coco
	Lockheed Electronics
	lecgwy!mdlrth.dnet!coco at rutgers.rutgers.edu