Mixed Filesystems

lazear at gateway.mitre.org lazear at gateway.mitre.org
Mon Mar 6 12:53:14 AEST 1989

We have a 3/260 with a Xylogics 451 controller and two Super Eagle drives
running 3.4 in our production mode.  In our test mode we have replaced the
two Eagles with another single drive that has 4.0 filesystems on it.  We
have found several instances where it would be great to be able to
reference BOTH the 3.4 and 4.0 filesystems without recabling and
rebooting.  Does anyone have experience mounting BOTH AT THE SAME TIME?
If it can be done, which kernel should we use (3.4 or 4.0)?  Note that we
can mount the "odd" file system as read-only, if that helps.  Ideally,
we'd like to mount the 4.0 filesystem on a 3.4 kernel running (so we can
compare while running production users), but will settle for the other way
around if need be.

	Walt (Lazear at gateway.mitre.org)