pcnfsd and inetd?

William E. Anderson anderson at cme.nbs.gov
Thu Mar 30 03:08:15 AEST 1989

I am having trouble getting inetd under 4.0.1 to start up the pcnfsd
daemon.  The entry in inetd.conf is:

  pcnfsd/1        dgram   rpc/udp wait root /usr/etc/rpc.pcnfsd   rpc.pcnfsd

The console output we get is:

 "inetd[152]: pcnfsd/rpc/udp: unknown service"

Although the documentation does not mention this I added an entry to our
/etc/services:

pcnfsd          152/udp                         # for pcnfs (swp)

Rebooting or sending a HUP to inetd does not seem to help.  Any ideas?
--
NAME:   William E. Anderson            TELE: (301) 975-2423
USMAIL: NIST (formerly NBS)            INTERNET: anderson at ceee.nbs.gov
        Rm. B-344, Bldg. 220           UUCP: uunet!cme-durer!anderson
        Gaithersburg, MD  20899