can I get 'vi' for IBM-PC

MICHAEL A JENKINS jenkinsm at uv4.eglin.af.mil
Thu Mar 23 22:24:14 AEST 1989

>Can you buy a version of 'vi' for MS-DOS machines?

You can purchase the vi editor for MS-DOS from MKS.  I think you can still
buy vi separately but I recommend buying the "MKS Toolkit".  The toolkit
contains LOTS of UNIX utilities (awk, diff, grep, sed, ...), and costs
only a little more. The toolkit price is $199 from MKS, or less from the
software houses.  Here's the MKS address from the March issue of Computer
Language:

	MKS (Mortice Kern Systems Inc.)
	35 King Street North
	Waterloo, Ontario N2J 2W9 Canada
	1-800-265-2797 (continental U.S. only)
	1-519-884-2251 (outside continental U.S.)
	1-519-884-8861 (FAX)

Mike Jenkins
jenkinsm at eglin-vax.arpa