Transcript 2.1 on Sun 4/280 problem

Craig Stevenson crs at shs.ohio-state.edu
Sat Mar 11 16:25:13 AEST 1989

I just brought up Transcript for the first time, and am having a bit of
trouble, although I followed the documentation as closely as possible.

The printer is an Apple LaserWriter IINTX hooked up to a Sun 4/280.

The specific problems I am encountering are:

1) When printing a text file, it keeps getting printed over and over and
over and over.  I built transcript with daemon for both SPOOLUSER and
SPOOLGROUP.  Also, my /usr/spool/ps300a directory has daemon for both it's
owner and it's group.

2) Although both BANNERFIRST and BANNERLAST are set to 1, I do not get any
banner pages printed. There is no "sh" entry in my printcap.

3) Printing a postscript file results in nothing being printed, but the
"lpc status" continues to say that the job is active until I kill the
print job with an lprm.

Again, version is 2.1 of transcript.
OS is at full 4.0.1 patch level.

All the print jobs were by using the command "lpr -Pps300a filename"

Has anyone had success bringing up 2.1 on a sun 4 yet?

Thanks for any help.
-- Craig Stevenson
   The Ohio State University, Division of Speech and Hearing
    (614) 292-8207