SUN-4 FPU

Marcel Bernards ecn!marcel at nluug.nl
Sat Mar 4 11:03:50 AEST 1989

Bruce G. Barnett writes:
>Maybe there is a communication problem, but Skip and I never said
>the Sun 4/110 doesn't emulate the FPU.

You are right: It was a communication problem.  But is was on a late
friday afternoon and my eyes were getting square by looking to long at my
1152 * 900 Monochrome pixels ;-)

Sorry, my apologies......

>Does anyone have any ideas on how I can measure the number of traps I get
>so I can estimate the penalty I pay? (I use NeWS a lot).

ps, time, vmstat and pstat does not give appropriate information for
kernel I also want a trap logger (like perfmeter), but I'm not a Kernel
Guru :-(

.signature