Stack space with Sunos 4.0

Barry Lustig barry at ads.com
Thu Mar 2 06:23:42 AEST 1989

In article <981 at nvuxr.UUCP> you write:
> How can I increase the stack limit?  Swap space doesn't seem to
> be the issue (I tried doing the compile on another machine
> which has over 40Mbytes of swap, and it made no difference).

Try "limit stacksize 8192".  The argument to the stacksize argument to
limit is in kilobytes.  If that doesn't work set it even higher.  But, be
very careful that you don't do "unlimit stacksize".  This will cause any
process that you spawn from that shell to fail with problems in the
dynamically linking loader.

Barry Lustig
Advanced Decision Systems	barry at ADS.COM