LaserWriter II baud rate question

David Runyan runyan at edsews.eds.com
Thu Mar 30 22:18:33 AEST 1989

(This may be the second posting of this question. If so, please excuse
 our posting problems.)

Several weeks ago, Brent Chapman posted a reply in comp.sys.sun to a laser
printer question which pointed to the LaserWriter II Owner's Guide for
instructions on how to increase the printer's baud rate to 38.4K. We
followed the owner's guide, and sure enough, our LaserWriter was changed
to accept 38.4K.

There was one major problem with changing the printer speed.  We could not
get our Sun 3/50 (OS 3.5) print server to communicate with a 38.4K printer
(rats!).  We tried tweeking /etc/gettytab and ttys to reference the new
speed, but nothing seem to work.

Please help me with these questions:

Is it possible to drive a PostScript printer from a Sun 3/50 3.5 at speeds
greater than 9600 baud?   If so, can anyone explain, or point me to some
documentation which describes, the setup required to drive a printer at
38.4 (or even 19.2)?

Email your response please.

thanks

--