ie0: lost interrupt: resetting

Dinah Anderson dinah at shell.UUCP
Thu Mar 2 15:29:26 AEST 1989

Jim Rudolf writes about a problem with ie0: lost interrupt: resetting
errors. (v7n157) We have seen this a couple of times and I believe a new
CPU resolved the problem.

We are having a problem with

ie0: no carrier

errors. The are often accompanied by:

ie0: Ethernet jammed
or
ie0: WARNING: if_snd full

messages. We see 5-20 of the no carrier errors per hour on most of our
file servers. We are not monitoring the workstations as closely, but they
are receiving them also.

Our network topology currently consists of DEC LAN bridges connecting
local segments and BridgeComm bridges (56kb and T-1) connected the
individual sites.  Physical connections consist of both twisted pair
(synoptics) and regular "thick" connections. The problem appears on
systems at different sites with both twisted and "thick" connections. (We
are currently migrating to routers and are aware of the problems with
bridges everywhere.)

We are working with Sun on a resolution, but was curious to know if anyone
has seen this problem.

Dinah Anderson
Shell Oil Company, Information Center (713) 795-3287
...!{sun,psuvax,soma,rice,ut-sally,ihnp4}!shell!dinah