Graphics on an Epson-like printer

Frank Mayhar fmayhar at killer.dallas.tx.us
Sat Mar 11 13:23:40 AEST 1989

In article <8902180410.AA09663 at rice.edu> BYKAT at UTCVM.BITNET (Dr. A.Bykat)
writes that he can't print rasterfiles on his Epson-like printer.
>Do we need a better printcap than the standard Sun entry?  Has anybody
>succeeded in printing graphics on a dot matrix printer such as an Epson
>(any Epson) ?

I've run into the same problem on my 386i/150 running 4.0.1.  It looks
like we need a filter to convert the rasterfile format into something
intelligible to to an Epson.  I'm planning to write one when I have time,
but if anyone else has already written one, I'm sure we would both be
interested.  (Particularly since it doesn't look like I'll have time
anytime soon.)  Thanks in advance!

Frank Mayhar            UUCP: fmayhar at killer.dallas.tx.us
                        ARPA: Frank-Mayhar%ladc at bco-multics.hbi.honeywell.com
                        USmail: 2116 Nelson Ave. Apt A, Redondo Beach, CA  90278
                        Phone: (213) 371-3979 (home)  (213) 216-6241 (work)