URGENT!! Need help with Exabyte drive installation

Charles Williams chuck at wooglin.scc.com
Fri Mar 24 12:12:49 AEST 1989

I have recently received my Exabyte 8mm tape drive and am having problems
with the installation. First the configuration of my system:

3/260
24 Mb of memory
2 disk controllers
SCSI tape controller (for 1/4" drive)

The exabyte came with a SCSI adaptor kit that I just plugged into the 50
pin connector that was on the tape controller in order to get the
connector to a place where the SCSI cable could be connected.

    |                                               |
    |                                               |
    |               SCSI Tape Controller            |
    |                                               |
    |                                           | | |
    |                                           | | |
    |                                           | | |
    |                       50 pin SCSI adaptor | | |
    |                                           | | |
    |                                           | | |

I then read file set #9 (exabyte drivers) from the ArteSUPPORT tape that
also came with the drive. I moved the new object and header files into
their appropriate places and re-built my kernel.

I can still access my 1/4" tape with st0 & st8, but I cannot access the exabyte.

HELP!!! What have done wrong/not done??

please send responses directly to me at
chuck at wooglin.scc.com or
cwilliams at bluto.scc.com