printer recommendation for small Sun network?

chipcom!eli@spdcc.com eli at chipcom.com
Tue Mar 14 17:32:19 AEST 1989

hi -- what sort of printer would you recommend for a small network of Sun
3s (4 workstations, 2 with disk)?  ideally, we would like to be able to
use LaTex as a document prep system, so this probably means we would need
a postscript or QMS printer.

we currently have an HP Laserjet attached to a 3Com AT.  we could put a
serial port switch on it, and drive it from a Sun.  but is it possible to
convert postscript into HP Laserjet bitmap language?

i'm interested in people's experiences with laser printers which plug into
the Sun, as well as printers which have their own ethernet interface.

steve elias
(chipcom!eli at spdcc.com)