WANTED: used ~90M SCSI drive for 386i

Steve Tynor tynor%pyr at gatech.edu
Tue Mar 14 12:29:39 AEST 1989

I'm looking for another drive for my 386i. I'd like to add another CDC
Wren3 (which is the 91M drive Sun ships on it's low-end systems.) Has
anyone out there replaced their 91M drive for a larger one? I'll take the
smaller drive off your hands...

Alternatively, can anyone tell me where I find one of these (or some other
SCSI drive that Sun's format program can deal with) for a reasonable
price?  best price I've seen is $950 (no pwr. supply or enclosure). I was
hoping to spend <$750.

I've called several 'used' computer shops, but they mostly deal with DEC
equipment (and, hence, don't have many(any) SCSI drives. Can anyone point
me toward a Sun oriented used/trade/swap house?

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Tech Research Institute
    tynor at gitpyr.gatech.edu