input_from_defaults bug ? (was Re: Mouse motion scaling factors)

Sandeep Mehta; 4.85; x-6478 Sandeep.Mehta at philabs.philips.com
Tue Mar 21 16:42:22 AEST 1989

A while ago I asked about mouse motion scaling problems on mono Sun-3's.
The only answer I got was one I knew already i.e. run input_from_defaults.
The problem with that command on mono screens is that it does not work
from the shell, only from defaultsedit. And as if that is not strange
enough none of these problems occur on color screens i.e. the mouse motion
scaling factor is correctly read from .default at startup. Now the
suntools sources released by Sun don't include any for defaultsedit so I
cannot determine what ioctl they use (if any).

Any clues for mono Suns ?

sandeep
--
Sandeep Mehta                                       ...to be or not to bop !
uunet!philabs!bebop!sxm                             sxm at philabs.philips.com