ALM-2 problems with SunOS 4.0

Hannu-Matti J{rvinen mcvax!tikli!hmj at uunet.uu.net
Tue Mar 7 20:01:29 AEST 1989

In article <HARRY.89Feb14143813 at rainbow.atmos.washington.edu> harry at rainbow.atmos.washington.edu (Harry Edmon) writes:
>I have a 4800 baud data line going into an ALM-2 on a Sun 3/160 with a
>Rimfire 3200 disk controller.  The system hangs whenever I try to read
>data from the data line (after a short period).  I have tried booting the
>3/160 as a diskless system, but it still hangs.

We've run to similar problem with XYLOGIC451 and Rimfier.  The Rimfire
allocates (or at least affects) more memory than told in the
documentation. We moved it to another location in the memory with a
considerable amount of unused memory around it. After that the system has
worked fine.

Hannu-Matti Jarvinen, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
hmj at tut.fi, hmj at tut.uucp, hmj at tut.funet (tut.ARPA is not the same computer).