X11 on sun 4/110 withouth FPU?

Andrew Gerber salt!pepper!gerber at uunet.uu.net
Thu Mar 2 10:46:59 AEST 1989

X11R3 on Sun 4/110 without an FPU is a real dog.  We have 3 4/110s without
FPU's here (and one with) and the comparison is startling.   My question
is: will this also be the case with the merged X11/NeWS server?  If the
merged server runs OK, then we don't really need to buy the FPUs.
Otherwise, we've gotta shell out the bucks to Sun.

Any info (via E-mail) would be appreciated.

_andy gerber_

Andrew S. Gerber          | McDonnell Douglas Communication Industry Systems
uunet!salt!gerber         | 5299 DTC Blvd, Englewood, CO 80111
salt!gerber at uunet.uu.net  | (303) 220 6231