Journalling facility

Frederick F. Robbins robbins at polya.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 14 05:05:34 AEST 1989

>Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction for a PD
>(or cheap) journalling facility for SunView.

I am also interested in such a facility.  Our application is regression
testing of SunView applications.  One approach which I've considered is to
do the journaling at the application's notify proc level, but I see
several problems with this, including:  object naming problems (i.e.
SunView identifies object by address, which could change between builds of
the executable), visual effects at "playback" time would be lost, since
there is no actual input for SunView to echo.  Anyone out there have any
good ideas?  Thanks in advance.

- Fritz Robbins