Getting an ALPS P2400C working with Sun?

Daniel Winkowski dgw at mimsy.umd.edu
Thu Mar 16 06:47:32 AEST 1989

<Please reply directly>

We have a strange problem:

	An ALPS P2400C printer was purchased for use with an IBM/AT.

	It works fine via its serial/parallel interface with the PC.

	We are unable to get it working with either of 2 Sun 3/60s
	connected serially!

	We ran extensive tests to make sure that data was being sent
	out the SUN interface - it is.  (data was cat'ed to the device
	as we do not yet have a printcap or spooler running)

	All settings are correct (verified over and over)

Does anyone have any idea why this printer would work with PCs, but not
SUNs?

Has anyone hooked the printer up to a Sun?

Needless  to say ALPs technical help is confused, they say either that
"They don't support Sun", or "how about trying this setting ..."

Any ideas would be appreciated.

======
Daniel G. Winkowski	(301) 725-1333
ARPA & CSNet:  dgw at mimsy.umd.edu