Mouse motion scaling factors

Mike Lee ontek!banzai!mikey at uunet.uu.net
Sat Mar 4 09:22:57 AEST 1989

Sandeep Mehta asks the musical question...

>I've noticed that whenever I increase (i.e. > 2) the mouse motion scaling
>factor (1st_ceiling) on monochrome Suns it updates the default parameters
>for that session only.
>
>This problem persists only on monochrome Suns not on color Suns where it
>reads in the correct value from .defaults on startup. Any clues ?

I have had similar problems.  The settings I gave would only last until
the machine was rebooted, then they would revert to some ridiculous
defaults.  This was on a color 4/110 by the way.

The answer is to use this little jewel of a command, perhaps in your
.suntools file:

  input_from_defaults

This forces mr. computer to read your defaults file and get the scaling
factors and ceilings for miss mouse.  Be careful not to confuse it with
its evil twin defaults_from_input which will destroy your defaults file.

Let the Orinoco Flow...

Mike Lee (I wish I had a cool name like "Sandeep Mehta")
Ontek Corporation

VOX:  1-714-768-0301
UUCP: ontek!banzai!mikey at uunet.uu.net
USPS: 22951 Mill Creek Road