Information on C++

Henry B. J. Krempel krempel at icarus.cns.syr.edu
Thu Mar 9 05:07:00 AEST 1989

We've just installed G++, a public-domain version of C++ which has the
distinction (I believe) of being the only C++ that compiles into native
code (not C).  To run G++ you must run the Free Software Foundation's
higher performance C compiler "gcc" (FSF's YACC replacement "bison" also
helps, but isn't required.

I haven't tested these extensively, but the test suite seems to work fine.

gcc, g++ and the g++ library are available in separate files from the Free
Software Foundation:

	ftp:	prep.ai.mit.edu

	Free Software Foundation
	675 Mass Ave
	Cambridge, MA 02139

(I'm not sure whether g++ is available on tape yet).